"do you REALLY love me? (yes. SO much.)
do you love me more than Zeva? (of course.)
do you love me more than feather? (that's a completely different kind of love.)
do you love me more than pinterest? (does that mean i have to give up pinterest?)
i love pinterest more than any living thing should love any non-living thing.
how do i know i have a problem?
- before i go to bed i pin a lil.
- i wake up and wonder if anyone pinned anything i need to know about.
- i set time limits for pinning...and (head hung in shame) i ALWAYS exceed those time limits.
- lately i've discovered all of the music classroom pins available, so the new even better justification for pinning is professional development! that means when someone asks me i can say "please leave me be, i'm doing this for work."
- waste the time to click every link. why?
- some of them aren't even there.
- some that are there are are just a picture. no info.
- just because it says "in the budget" doesn't mean it's in YOUR budget.
- clothes and shoes for your "dream closet" can be especially expensive. not what i would ever pay. the fashion world has flipped their gourd.
- blogs are best.
- decorator blogs with one picture of a room you love are usually filled with other rooms you will love.
- how to dress blogs are better than the pictures of just one outfit. and they usually share where every piece came from and about how much it cost them.
- DIY blogs are awesome and (back to point number one, DIY has MANY different meaning. i could NEVER diy some of the things that other birds diy. just fyi.)
- change the description for YOU.
- how many times have you gone back through your own pins and thought, "why in the world did i pin this?" i have.
- delete what they wrote and change the food description from "my family LOVED this" to "i should TRY this." i even have two food boards. one to try "whoa, yum?"and one that was successful "tried and true to my tastebuds"!
- clean it up.
- i spent a saturday recently looking through my pins. it prompted me to do two things:
- create new boards: i had so many home decor pins that i needed individual rooms and the aforementioned before and after food boards. (but careful--don't REPIN, just EDIT. that way they won't show up and tell on your reorganizing.)
- delete. delete. delete. now that i know there are endless supplies of things, i am deleting outfits i would never truly be brave enough to wear, deleting recipes that have no ingredients my husband would love and deleting home decor because i liked one pillow on the bed that i will not take the time to track down or copy.
i have pinning to attend to!