Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2007

it's the most wonderful time of the year

every year i can't believe that Christmas here. and even more than that, i can't believe that it is over. so this year... i won't get caught in the rut. i won't let it pass by without my knowing. i'll see it where it is. i felt it just a few nights ago in the car, alone. it's here. this is it. i can enjoy or i can complain, once again this year, that i just don't know where it all went.

so... christmas carols are all over the radio. my favorite oldie: "here comes santa claus" the one where it sounds like he's saying santy claus. i can't remember who is singing...

and i dunno why, but i love that wham, "last christmas i gave you my heart but the very next day, you gave it away. this year to save me from tears i'll give it to someone special." hee hee.

i love the musical programs. the lights, even the poorly done ones.

i love christmas trees. they are everywhere and they are a beautiful expression of life.

i drove in my car listening to that music and giggling at some of those blow up things in people's front yards and i thought, "this is it. this is christmas."

i watched my family at thanksgiving laugh together while daddy wrote, "a chrysler 300 and some surprises" on his wish list and thought, this is it. this is christmas.

again when i received gifts from the kids. saw thier christmas t-shirts and sweaters, when we sang "let it snow let it snow let it snow, while it was 80 degrees outside, this is it.

and in all of this, i must... see Jesus. it is, in fact. the celebration of his birthday. and everything that followed that night. when i think of the fact that Jesus loves me at all, I am humbled. and to think that He wants to care for me and be my friend is sometimes more than i can take.

so this year...i will not let it pass me by, not any part of it.
it is here. right now and as i wrap each present and watch as it is torn open, i will take it all in.

merry Christmas.

No comments: